African Bush Camps – Khwai Leadwood
Category/Type of Product
Luxury Family friendly Accommodation
Location (Town/City & Country)
Khwai Community Concession – Botswana
Luxury Tented Accommodation
The elegantly designed camp hosts six standard tents and one family unit, keeping in line with the intimate and exclusive wilderness experience. The new camp effortlessly bridges the gap between luxury accommodation and feeling like you’re in the great African outdoors. Woven baskets and beaded décor, along with modern elements, create an authentic contemporary African style.
Suitable for FIT?
Suitable for groups up to 12 pax or more?
Yes, 7 rooms with a maximum of 16 in camp
– A localized cultural and income generating project
Education – Khwai Pre-School
– Located within a prolific wildlife area, the Khwai Community relies heavily on income and employment by local tourism operators, with little infrastructure of public facilities, all school-going children board in schools up to 250km away. Children are separated from their families from the very young age of 6 years old to attend primary school.
– The younger children, on the other hand, have no services available to prepare them for entry into primary school. They remain at home, mostly with grandparents or unemployed parents.
– This project is a partnership to help the Khwai Community to develop their own pre-school.
Conservation – Khwai Greener Camp
– Drinking water and upcycling of waste material
- +27 21 701 0270