African Bush Camps – Khwai Bush Camp
Category/Type of Product
Family friendly Accommodation
Location (Town/City & Country)
Khwai Community Concession – Botswana
Thatched chalet Accommodation
Khwai Bush Camp comprises four standard chalets (with fireplace) and two family chalets, all en-suite. Watch the magic of Africa unfold from the sanctuary of your chalet’s cool, thatched interior or the veranda that overlooks the famed Moremi Game Reserve. Battery-charging facilities are available in each guest room as well as fans. The main lodge area also has charging points for your convenience. Enjoy languid afternoons at the sparkling poolside drinking in the serene floodplain surrounds. Share an aperitif around our lively fire circle before tucking into hearty, homespun fare at our family-style feasts.
Suitable for FIT?
Suitable for groups up to 12 pax or more?
Yes, 6 rooms with a maximum in camp of 16
– A localized cultural and income generating project
Education – Khwai Pre-School
– Located within a prolific wildlife area, the Khwai Community relies heavily on income and employment by local tourism operators, with little infrastructure of public facilities, all school-going children board in schools up to 250km away. Children are separated from their families from the very young age of 6 years old to attend primary school.
– The younger children, on the other hand, have no services available to prepare them for entry into primary school. They remain at home, mostly with grandparents or unemployed parents.
– This project is a partnership to help the Khwai Community to develop their own pre-school.
Conservation – Khwai Greener Camp
– Drinking water and upcycling of waste material
- +27 21 701 0270