Life With Elephants Tour Group
Category/Type of Product
Activity – Cultural Tour
Location (Town/City & Country)
Eretsha Village, Okavango – Botswana
We are a community-based company, owned and operated by a group of men and women in the Village of Eretsha. In 2014, we began developing this tour. Our idea was to show people our village and share our knowledge and stories of how we live with elephants.
Your visit directly supports our company and the Village of Eretsha. Your visit also helps us gain a sense of pride in our history and in our experiences with elephants.
Yes – By road or helicopter
Suitable for FIT?
Suitable for groups up to 12 pax or more?
Yes – Highlights of the Tour
• A 2-3 hour tour, organized and managed by the village-based company.
• Meet men and women in a traditional Hambukushu Village, on the northern floodplains of the Okavango Delta.
• See life as it is in rural Botswana, not staged.
• Hear stories of how people live close to elephants—what do they hear and see? what are the dangers?
• Learn how people protect themselves and their fields and homes from elephants?
• See the tracks of large herds of elephants as they move through the village (certain times of year)
• Ride in a traditional mokoro in the Village (certain times of year).
• Visit a farm and talk to the farmer to learn how she uses chilli peppers to keep elephants from eating her crops.
• Visit a watch hut to see where farmers stay during the harvesting season to protect her fields from elephants.
• Hear stories from one village elders.
• Visit a local blacksmith.
• Ride and help steer a traditional donkey cart.
• Try playing a traditional drum.
• View and have an opportunity to buy our traditional crafts.
- +267 7689 9815 / +267 7353 0506